Sunday, April 1, 2012
Oh Hadleigh!
Sweet girl... yesterday we got a huge box from daddy and after church today we got to open it and explore all kinds of goodies. The girls got lots of goodies. Some books, a movie and some chalk to name a few. After the girls watched the movie twice they came outside with me to play with their chalk. They color and then decide that they need sunglasses so back inside and then back out color some more and then Morgan was helping me finish sweeping the front sidewalk while Hadleigh was looking for acorn tops. I soon notice Hadleigh is mopping around and I ask her what the problem is and she tells me she can't find any acorn tops. I point out a handful to her but they will just not do she wants them to be brown(fresh off the tree) as opposed to the grey(dead from being off of the tree since fall) that they are currently. She continues to throw a fit, yes, over acorn tops, so she gets sent inside to wash her hands, which she decides not to do and then sent to her room...still not listening. I am soaked in sweat and dirt from working in the yard and I have to get a shower since in the background Eli is waking up and wants out of his bed so I get a towel and hop in the shower while telling Hadleigh to go to her room. I quickly shower and hop out looking for my towel...hmm I know I just got one out...HADLEIGH GET IN HERE RIGHT NOW! She took my towel and not just took it she hid it under Eli's crib! Clever little one. Thankfully I have about eight in my closet but still... Well she did end up listening and realizing I am in charge not her but after telling Joseph and listening to him crack up I had to post our funny little story. All over some acorn tops! Jesh! Amazingly this little scenario we went through this afternoon is exactly what we talked about in our lifegroup today. We throw our fit and our tantrum and get in trouble and all God wants from us is to let Him be in charge. I'm finding God in my everyday...are you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment