Monday, October 7, 2013
To Gluten Free or Not Gluten Free that is the question...
My sister-in-law inspires me daily. She has been researching GF for quite some time and decided to take her family down the road to see if the diet can help with various issues that we all face. I have myself been inspired and have started trying out recipes and retraining myself to purchase different products. This is no easy task especially with a house full of bread lovers. After a few weeks of searching stores high and low to find just the right mix of flours to use to bake all the pastries my family loves I have finally taken the plunge and just ordered them all online. So now instead of just dilly dallying I am going to have to commit to at least 30pounds of cooking with GF flour because they are on their way to my front door! Here goes nothing. So far I have found some things that my family enjoys. Kale chips, yes the green leafy veggie once baked to a crisp with a little olive oil and salt is amazing. Morgan loves them. I really enjoy Spaghetti squash but I have not won the kids over with that one yet. They like it but not love it. I will try a different preparation next time. I have also made a yummy peanut butter chocolate chip muffin that Morgan and Eli really enjoy and they are so easy. You throw the ingredients in the blender and then fill the muffins. Brainless. I am excited to try some new recipes with my new flours. I will let you know how it goes. My biggest goal in all of this is for myself and that maybe I can work my way off of my weekly dosage of medication but I have also read that it can help with asthma which could really benefit Hadleigh. Of course did you notice I did not mention her name a lot in the food we have tried so far... she is not a fan. I am going to win her over if it kills me (hopefully it won't kill me)! Last night we had sweet potatoes, squash and zucchini! My kids looked at me like I was crazy but then they ate... well most of them ate! Here's to the next chapter...wish me luck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment