Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Been a long time

We are back and lots has happened. Joseph came home, Morgan and Hadleigh finished the school year, Katie graduated from college, we moved back to Florida, got a new kitchen, purged our house, and finally we went to the beach! It had been a whirlwind the last few months and I feel like we have not stopped. It is good to be home but we do miss being so close to family. It sure was a great year! I can't believe we finally got our new kitchen that we have been dreaming about since we bought our home so many many moons ago. It was totally worth the wait and we are so pleased with it. As you can see we are still not quite done but we are slowly working on pulling it all together.
The girls shared a room all year while we were away and we have moved them in together at home too. All is going well so far and they love playing together with all of their 'new' toys. Hadleigh also finally moved to a big girl bed. This was a long time coming but I just was not willing to make Hadleigh go through this transition while we were away. She has transferred like a champ with no issues so for that I am thankful.
The beach, the beach we went to the beach. We got back to Florida and the next morning the girls were in our bedroom, in their bathing suits, asking can we go to the beach! UGH! I was able to keep pushing them off but once our home was in decent order I took them to the beach. Morgan was in her element but Hadleigh... well lets just say, in true Hadleigh fashion, she cried for the first 15 minutes. First she was excited and said to me, "Mommy look at all the snow!" I told her it was sand and not snow. She then sat down on the steps to take off her flip flops and when the sand would not come off her hand she started with the tears. Once she got over the tears she too had a blast. I know the beach will be a weekly occurrence this summer!

2 comments:

  1. Well, we sure do miss those little girls! It was so much fun seeing them everyday and wow, how much they changed in a year! Glad you girls finally got to go to the beach. Love you lots!
    Gigi

    ReplyDelete
  2. G-dad wants to know when you are coming for a visit??

    ReplyDelete