After the show we went to Downtown Disney and let the girls each pick out one thing from the princess side of the Disney Store. This store is totally overwhelming so Joseph was very smart in suggesting we limit them to a small section of the store. Somehow we ended up getting out of there with two princess lip glosses. The girls really love them however one is among the missing already but maybe it will show up one of these days.
Thursday, June 10, 2010
Family Time
When Joseph and I were talking about what to do when he returned from overseas I suggested we used a few days to head to Orlando. We had some tickets for the parks we bought a few years ago so we decided we would use them and make it a Disney weekend. I think I had the most relaxed vacation you can have with two little girls and Joseph had a great time taking Morgan on all of the "thrill" rides that she is finally tall enough to ride. We drove down the first day and we were able to check right into Shades of Green. Fantastic resort and we hope in the future to go back. We had lunch at the resort and then we took the transportation over to Animal Kingdom.
It was a typical Florida rain and sun day and somehow we managed to keep missing the rain. We ended up always being in a show. We all enjoyed ourselves and our end of the afternoon treat of Mickey Ears was very yummy! After a long day we went back to the hotel and turned in at a decent hour so we could play at the pool the next day.
The next morning we got up slowly and had breakfast in our room, coffee on our balcony and relaxed. Then it was off to the pool. Morgan was very timid at first but then she was all swim for about 2 hours. We made the girls take a lunch break and then we headed back to the pool before getting cleaned up for the evening.
It was a special night and we were headed to the Hoop-Dee-Do-Review for a knee slapping good time. I remember going to the Diamond Horseshoe Review in Magic Kingdom when I was younger and it being lots of fun. This was a great show with some great food and I probably ate way too much but it was so good!

The next day we spend in the very hot Magic Kingdom. We decided not to head to the park until lunch time since we wanted to make it to watch the fireworks that night and that was a good idea. We all made it until the fireworks but Hadleigh faded before the first set of explosions were over. Although the park was crowded the lines for the rides were not too bad and we just did the fast passes for the big rides. Morgan rode Splash Mountain and that was the only time of the weekend that we had a melt down. Hadleigh was so upset that she could not ride. We got to make it up to Hadleigh since she is just tall enough to ride the Goofy roller coaster and we got to ride it twice in the evening. She had a great time and kept her arms up the whole way, however I was holding on to her the whole way! After a good nights rest we packed up and headed back up I-4. We had a fantastic weekend and one we won't soon forget!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am so glad you all had a good time at Disney. Wish we could have been there, too!! Love you!!
ReplyDelete