Pages

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Oooo Fun

Look at those two! Do they look at all alike? Sweet cousins!
David and Stephanie and their handsome little guy Gabriel are in the middle of a huge move from Hawaii to Washington state. They have been here in Jacksonville visiting Stephanie's family for about two weeks and we have been lucky enough to get to spend some time with them. It is fun to see the boys together and since they change so much everyday at this stage it is fun to see them grow. We are so lucky to have such great family and even though we all live so far away we pick up right where we left off last time we were all together. We are gonna miss seeing them but they are about to start a new exciting adventure...traveling across the country with a 6 month old!
So let me say yum! I made some granola yesterday and it turned out super yummy except for the fact that I did overcook it a little...well a lot. There were cranberries in it but I cooked it so long they ended up like tiny little shards of glass so I picked them all out and what I am left with is quite good. I am just adding some dried cranberries as I eat it and it is still yummy. Next time I won't overcook the granola and maybe I wont end up with extra dried out cranberries! I got the recipe from Food Network but I really just used it as a guide. I used 3 cups oats, 1 1/2 cups cranberries 1 1/2 cups almonds roughly chopped, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 3 tablespoons honey, 3 tablespoons oil, vanilla and salt then baked. Like I said I will try again and not overcook...a product of doing too many things at once! One day I will learn.Last night for supper I made some little pizzas to please every one's tastes. Amazingly it was not a hit so back to the drawing board with this one. I am searching for a great pizza dough recipe so if anyone has one their family loves please pass it along. I made pesto for me, sauce for Morgan and just cheese for Hadleigh. They did eat but it was not their fave. I will keep trying. Breakfast this morning was a hit as usual. You cant go too wrong with refrigerated biscuits cut, rolled in cinnamon sugar and baked. Topped with some icing it is totally more of a dessert than breakfast but oh so yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment