Pages

Saturday, November 30, 2013


As I sit here this early Saturday morning after Thanksgiving I find myself catching up yet again.  November has been lots of fun and we have had some great weather.  The kids had off on Veteran’s day so we headed to the zoo which ended up being an epic fail.  It was constant can we do this can we do that, ugh!  I told them before we got there we were not doing anything extra but they must not have heard me or thought I was talking to my other children.  We had a nice time despite the fact and when we left we had lunch and then headed home.  On a good note they helped me clean once we got home and did not complain a bit so what started out as a semi disaster was not all bad in the end. 

Mom and Dad came back for a visit and Thanksgiving at the end of the week and it is so nice to have them and I get a huge break.  Dad took the girls to school every day, mom took Eli to school, Dad did some major work to our hedges out back (they are now bushes instead of trees), they watched Eli and Hadleigh while I took Morgan to Tampa for her gymnastics meet, we crafted, got a tree, cooked, cleaned, ate out, I can’t even begin to explain the help family our when they come.  I’m so appreciative and love them so much. 

Thanksgiving day I thought we were going to do something un-American but after participating I’m not so sure it is the case.  It was just Mom, Dad, the three kids and I for Thanksgiving and we decided why slave all day for food for the three of us so we went to Cracker Barrel!  No folks we were not the only ones there.  It was packed!  Fifty minute wait time (which ended up only being twenty).  Not like we had anywhere else to go.  Honestly I was skeptical.  Don’t get me wrong I love Cracker Barrel.  One of my favorite on the road restaurants to stop at and eat but Thanksgiving…not at home!  It was great!  I am not opposed to doing this again next year.  No cooking, no cleaning, only downside… no leftovers.  However with just me and the kids in the house right now that is not a bad thing.  Mom said she would cook at Christmas and that works for me. 
 
 

Another thing we did different this year… no black Friday shopping.  I don’t feel like I missed anything.  I do love shopping but I loved doing crafts with the kids and working on some of my sewing projects.  Mom helped me get started on stockings and they are looking cute.  When I get them hung by the chimney with care I’ll post a picture.

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment