Pages

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Tuscaloosa

This weekend we ventured south to Tuscaloosa, AL to see my brother Joseph race and win his age group in the 2009 National Triathlon Championship. Pretty impressive, but what can I say he spends almost all of his waking moments training for the grueling race that only takes him about 2 hours give or take and would take me the better part of 24 hours or even 24 years for that matter. Hadleigh was a trooper as always. Our almost two year old slept in the car, played peek-a-boo with her animals, made sure all the puppy dog observers at the race were well fed with goldfish and milk, cheered 'go Joe', napped some more, ate the peanut butter out of the nutter butters, cried some, laughed lots and at just the right time was the comic relief! It was a warm day but by the river there was a very nice breeze. Hadleigh was worn out and you can tell in the outside pictures that she is not her normal happy self but she was trying. She was happy when we were about to leave Tuscaloosa and drive back to Memphis thus the good pics with Aunt Katie and Mommy.

I have had some great one on one time with Hadleigh since Morgan Grace has been up north with Grammy, Aunt Rachel, Uncle Robb and all of her cousins. She knows how to get attention and it will be interesting to see how she reacts when sister comes home this weekend. She is talking so much and loves playing with toys. She plays ring-around-the-rosy by herself and sings the ABC's along with our magnet toy. The plastic lazy susan cupboard is her favorite and tonight she helped make the salad for dinner. I am not sure how I am going to handle both of them in the kitchen yet. That will be a work in progress.

Morgan is having a fantastic stay from everything I hear. This week they are doing VBS and she is singing and playing along with all of the other children. I love that she is getting to spend some great quality time with her cousins. Who knows if this opportunity will ever present itself again so 'seize the day' right?

Joseph from as far as I can tell with the little communication we have is doing well. I miss him terribly but being here keeps me quite busy and on my toes and I find very little time to worry.

Till next time...

1 comment:

  1. I am glad Hadleigh is getting some one on one time!!! That doesn't get to happen too often!! It sounds like Morgan is having a blast too!!! VBS was always fun for me too.

    Hope

    ReplyDelete