Pages

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Birthday's at Disney

Oh Disney World how I love thee! So much magic and where all your fairytale dreams can come true. On Gigi's birthday we went to the Magic Kingdom and I think we almost did it all. Compared to last November's visit this one was full of rides and very good times. We walked Swiss Family Robinson's tree house, rode the Jungle Cruise, Aladdin's Magic Carpets, the Tiki Room which Morgan Grace was scared to death and Hadleigh was dancing, Country Bear Jamboree, watched the parade, Peter Pan's Flight, It's a Small World, Dumbo, Carousel, Snow White's Adventures, Whinny the Pooh, Race Cars, Transit Authority, Buzz Lightyear, Teacups, Goofy's Roller coaster (yeah Morgan LOVES roller coasters!) and we even squeezed in a visit to Mickey and Minnie themselves! It was a very full day and we felt like we did it all. The girls were great and I am pretty sure they had an awesome time. The crowds were minimal and Gigi's Birthday was a blast!

Gigi and Morgan on the Transit

Hadleigh and Morgan waiting for the Teacups

Gdad's birthday was spent in Epcot. We woke up in the morning and had our breakfast at the hotel and got to the park sometime before noon to enjoy the day. We visited the Living Seas, the Land and Imagination and then started our walk through the countries. Epcot was celebrating their Food and Wine festival and they had little booths everywhere with small tastes of food. It was a lot of fun to walk around and sample lots of different foods and not have to actually sit down in any one country to eat. We pretty much ate our way through Epcot and for me that was totally fine. We also watched a lot of the street shows they put on and we all enjoyed them. We found some music later in the afternoon and the girls were dancing all over the place. I think they entertained all that were around us for quite sometime. When we got done walking the countries Dad took the stroller to the car and then we all did what Morgan wanted to do most... ride the monorail. We rode it to the Magic Kingdom and back and arrived in just enough time to see the fireworks at Epcot. Another very full and exciting birthday for Gdad and the rest of us!
Eating chocolate covered mickey rice crispy treats.
The next morning the question from Morgan was, "Who's birthday is it today?" We decided to do the Animal Kingdom and we had a good time but it was hot so the girls were not quite as good but since the park closed at 5 we saw as much as we could and called it a day. I finally got to see the Nemo show which was fabulous a must see and we saw most of the Lion King show. One thing about Disney they sure know how to put on a show. The girls took a quick dip in the pool back at the hotel, we ate dinner and then off to bed and ready for our last day on our birthday trip!
Riding the triceratops in Animal Kingdom

Morgan and the elephants.

The last day in the Magic Kingdom we did all the things again that the girls really wanted to do. First stop was riding the train. Morgan thought it was great that we got to stay on it when it stopped at the different stations. This made her day. We hit some things we missed and did our favorites again. It was a little more crowded but amazingly the lines were very short and we had a great time. Morgan and Gigi are ready to go back but I think I can wait a few months before I return to Disney. I am not sure what I was thinking... four days in the parks with a 3 year old and a 2 year old. We were exhausted but both of the girls had so much fun and they will be telling stories for weeks to come.

2 comments:

  1. looks like they had so much fun :) they are getting so big!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have to say besides Hawaii, Disney World is my favorite place! Can we please go back for Morgan's birthday?

    ReplyDelete