Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Good 'ole Jacksonville U.S.A.

I really love home, I mean I love my parents home and it will always be home but I really love my own home. The one I have created with my husband and our two beautiful girls. It is hard not being there. Hard seeing all our stuff sit. Hard watching the girls play with all their favorite things (by the way all the things they have not seen in 3 months our their favorite things). Hard cleaning the mess I came home too... yes it was gross. I, genius that I am, in my flutter of leaving my house for the summer in the hottest three months of the year, failed to remove a sack of potatoes from my pantry floor. Now I had cleaned out my fridge and freezer, taken the opened pantry items to Memphis with me but yet I forgot a lonely bag of potatoes... for THREE months! It was not a lonely bag of potatoes when we arrived... it had some friends... lots of friends whom I sprayed and sprayed, pounced on with shoes and removed promptly from my house. I was ready to leave as soon as we arrived when I realized what I had done but what was there to do but clean up the mess and get on with our life and that is just what we did.
After a good nights sleep and a few more dead critters we woke up refreshed and ready to go. I had no food or milk and with my girls we know we can live without food but milk, never. So off to my favorite spot for donuts and milk and then to the grocery store for food. My limit with both of them in the grocery store is one hour. That is all they will give me and it has been this way for sometime. We managed to get in and out in almost under our limit however we were minus a sock since Hadleigh decided she needed to take her shoes and socks off in the store and I lost track of one of the socks and we were plus a Red Box which did buy me a few more minutes with the threat of putting it right back in the box before we left the parking lot. We got to catch up with our neighbors that afternoon and swim a little in their pool. Morgan Grace showed off all of her swimming tricks and was very pleased with herself. We got some dinner and headed to bed since we had to head to the airport in the morning to get GiGi, she was coming in on the red eye!?!

Monday morning and airport run, base to get Disney tickets, dentist for me and one very tired GiGi. I did manage to get clothes repacked and most things ready for our trip to Orlando for Mom and Dad's birthdays.

While mom catches up on sleep I took the girls to see Sydney and Hudson. Oh how they have grown and it is awesome to see how great friends instantly start where they left off, even at the age of 3. We had a great morning of playing, eating and sharing. It was great to see the girls and we miss them terribly.
I got some new running shoes and picked up Dad from the airport. Our trip south is getting closer and I am so excited. Dumbo, Teacups, Snow White, oh I can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. So good to see a post! I've been wondering how you guys are holding up. I totally understand that there's no place like home! Have fun at Disney. We can't wait to take our boys there when they get a little older.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was I really that tired?? No more red eye flights for gigi!

    ReplyDelete