Pages

Saturday, October 24, 2009

One year later

So it has been a year since I started this adventure in blogging. Can't say I have been great about it but it has not been bad. This marks post number 81 so you can do the math. We have been up to so much lately it is hard to know where to start. To finish up our trip in Florida we celebrated Sydney Lou's 4th birthday with all of her friends and a choo choo train which was a huge hit. Both of my girls loved it and I think that once Morgan Grace warmed up she rode it almost the whole 2 hours that he was there. Hadleigh loved it too but after about the 4th ride she was over it and ready to play and play she did. They had an obstacle course for the kids, a huge house to color and lots of yummy fruit and trail mixes. We had a wonderful time and we were so happy to get to spend the day with Sydney and help her celebrate turning 4.



We drove home all in one day a feat in itself but always worth it once it is done to a very busy week. The girls were back off to school then church and lots of playing. I am really not sure if we have stopped since we got back.



The first Saturday we were back we went to the Ames Plantation in Grand Junction, TN for the Heritage Festival. It was cloudy and overcast and muddy but Mom the girls and I had a good time walking around and viewing the different vendors and learning how things were made and done back in the day. The girls both rode the little train and Morgan Grace even milked a goat! How cool! Something I have never done. Something else I have never done... gotten stuck in the mud. Yep it was so muddy and the way they were directing us out of the soaked grass parking lot got me stuck. Thankfully I was easily and quickly pulled out (this seemed to not be a first time occurrence for the day) thanks to a very nice couple in a big truck and two gentlemen that did a little pushing.

On Monday we headed to our favorite chicken place for lunch then to the pumpkin patch for more train rides, hay rides and pumpkin picking. Then we went to the Tennessee Safari Park. I have seen signs for this place but never been there. The kids loved it. It was totally worth the drive and we will be back, especially since we have family there. Tuesday we started another crazy week of school which is now a total blur.


Other things happening right now... we are having great weather and Monday we spent the day at the zoo and we got to see one of the pandas outside. An awesome Sleeping Beauty costume is in the works for Morgan Grace's Halloween costume and Hadleigh yesterday, decided she wanted to start going pee pee and poo poo on the potty! Mom was watching the girls yesterday so I could go cook and she called me to tell me Hadleigh just told me she wanted to go potty, they went to the potty and she went potty! We are so excited. Today has pretty much been the same story. She is even wearing panties. Too cute! We did have two accidents today but I would call them both my fault. One she was in the bathroom while I was approving of Morgan Grace's clothing choice and the other she came to tell me but I think she waited just a moment too long because she went pee pee right there before we could run to the potty. I am just amazed. I guess we will see if this lasts but with these steps I am totally thrilled even if we do digress.

Have a great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment