Pages

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Reflection

Yesterday was a day of reflection and of excitement all in one. September 11, 2001 is one of those days in history you will never forget where you were or what you were doing. For those of you that don't know I studied to be in the aviation field and at the time was doing a co-op with FedEx in Memphis. I worked in flight coordination which is where all the pilots came in to get their flight plans, check weather and get ready to leave on their trip. I was working the 7-3 shift and for some reason most of the TVs were off that morning. The way we found out that New York was under attack was from a co-worker at home who called in to tell us to turn on the TV. From that point on I remember just working. Although none of us knew really what to do I just kept working. Then we started getting calls from all over the country from crews that were no where near their destination. When I left work that afternoon it was an eerie felling driving home with no planes in the sky. It was quiet. Joseph was to leave on the morning of the 12th for basic training. His journey in the Navy was just starting and in two days we will celebrate his 8 year anniversary with the Navy while today we mourn for all those we have lost. What a ride it has been. I remember sitting with him and his family for the rest of the evening in their living room just watching the coverage for hours and hours and wondering what was next.
On another note completely Joe raced in worlds today in Australia and did very well. Twelfth in his age group! We are so proud that he has accomplished so much and has goals set even higher. Morgan Grace really wants me to take her to Australia one day. I sure would love to and maybe someday it will happen. We got to watch the race on the Internet and even got to see Joe come through the finish line. I am such a dork I took a picture of the monitor! I promise I will post.
The girls are doing well. Morgan caught a little cold but she is feeling so much better today and Aunt Katie is on her way from Birmingham to watch the girls for me so I can go watch a dear friend tie the knot! I know Joseph would totally love being her for this very joyous occasion but there is much work to be done and he is working hard.
Miss and love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment