Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Fort Caroline

Last weekend we went to Fort Caroline to explore and have a picnic lunch. The fort is no where near as extensive as the past two we have visited but it was a nice outing for the day. I know it is February but it was HOT and BUGGY. We did not last too long at the fort itself since we were getting eaten up by bugs and there was no wind to cool us off or chase the little critters away so we headed into the trails where the tree cover cooled us down and the critters disappeared. That however was a disaster! Hadleigh just could not walk anymore(drama) and we had Eli in the wrong stroller for a hike. He should have been in the P&T or the front carrier. I don't think he minded too much Joseph just pulled him along. After our mile long hike(yes it was only 1 mile) we ate a really yummy lunch. Hadleigh had PB&J, Morgan turkey and cheese wrap and Joseph and I had pesto chicken wraps(inspired by Giada but totally different) that I whipped up that morning. Grapes, kettle chips and a piece of chocolate rounded out our lunch. I really think if we would have had lunch before our hike it would not have been such a chore. I did manage to get a cute picture of the girls while on our hike because the really liked the tree they could sit on!






1 comment:

  1. adorable pictures of all of you! Lots of love!Gigi and GDad

    ReplyDelete