The hardest part of my day since the beginning of the school year has been the morning. I know I could get up earlier but lets face it I have a 7 month old and getting up any earlier than I have to is just not in the cards right now. I started thinking at the beginning of this year what I could do to make mornings a little easier. I was making the girls lunches at night but I really did not like doing it that way and I was normally so tired by the end of the day it just fell by the wayside. Morgan loves turkey and cheese wraps and we all know what Hadleigh likes... PB&J(she would eat it morning, noon and night if I let her). Well they make those PB&J's in the frozen section of the store and I thought why can't I do that. Make the sandwiches and freeze them ahead of time so in the mornings all I have to do is pull one out of the freezer. I even have a cutter that smashes them just like the store bought ones. For Morgan's all the ingredients to her favorite lunch already stay in the fridge so why not put a bunch together and then dish them out as the week goes along. So that is what I have started doing. On Sunday afternoon I pull all the stuff out and make enough sandwiches for the week. It has made our mornings go so much smoother. It is amazing how much time got eaten up by pulling the various ingredients for their two different likes making them and putting them away every morning. I have given myself at least 7 extra minutes every morning that is used for many other things including (sometimes very rarely but even once is good, right) getting into the car a few minutes earlier!
Way to go Kristin, you are so smart to figure that out!! I wish when I was having to make all of those school lunches that I would of thought of this! Love to all!
ReplyDeleteMom/Gigi