Pages

Friday, August 30, 2013

Going to the Chapel

Tomorrow is Saturday August 31, 2013.  Yes, another date in history but tomorrow, well it is special.  Why?  My baby sister is getting married to the man of her dreams.  I am so happy for them both and being an older big sister quite emotional.  Being 8.5 years older I remember Katie being a baby.  Learning to roll over, crawl, walk and talk.  I remember her watching The Little Mermaid so many times she wore out the VHS tape (by the way that was mine).  Dressing her up and making her be my model when I was an aspiring photographer.  Trying to get her to play Barbie's with me.  Greeting me when I got off of the school bus. Having slumber parties on the weekend just the two of us. Her being in the audience and bleachers of countless dance competitions and band competitions.  The list goes on and on.  I know I did not appreciate it then but she has always been there for me.  I am so thankful to have many precious memories of my little sister and we have made so many more together as adults that I will cherish always.  We will always be sisters and I am so thankful that she is mine and that even though our age separates are generations we are amazing friends.  I love you so much Katie and can't wait to see all the awesome things God has in store for your life ahead with your fantastic, soon to be husband.  Love to you both!  Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment