Saturday, November 8, 2008
I always get bobos!
So last night after going out for pizza with Uncle David and Miss Stephanie we came home and proceeded through the normal nightly bedtime ritual. Right before we said our good nights the girls were hanging out in Morgan Grace's bed with Joseph and I. Hadleigh bouncing up and down and Morgan Grace jumping on daddy's tummy (one of her favorite things.) Joseph got up to take Hadleigh to bed and Morgan Grace and I were still sitting on her bed. At that very moment she looks at me reaches over and says, "I need to touch the light bu....wahhhhhhhhhhhh...lb." Yes, she reached right over the lampshade and touched the light bulb. I know the majority of us know how bad a burn hurts but poor thing I thought is was the end of the world! I ran her to the bathroom to run cold water over her finger and then she went to the couch (screaming the whole way) while I got some aloe. When the aloe did not work we decided to try an ice pack. As Joseph was bringing her the ice pack from the freezer she looked up at him and said, "I always get bobo's." We both nearly died laughing. Maybe it was a got to be there moment but it was one I wish I had on tape. We ended up hanging out on the couch with the ice pack for a long time and then finally to bed sleeping with the ice pack but today it is all better!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I know it sounds crazy, but I can speak from experience. Next time someone gets burned but mustard on it. Just plain mustard and pile it on. For some reason there is something in it that stops the burning. Of course as soon as the mustard is off it will hurt again. I burned my hand on the stove, but I put it in a cup of mustard and carried it around. Although Morgan couldn't have gone to bed with her hand in a cup of mustard!! That could have gotten messy. Poor thing. I hope she is doing better.
ReplyDeletelove,
Hope
That is a great story. I guess Morgan Grace learned her lesson about light bulbs. Wonder what makes kids do those things? Was she upset that you guys cracked up after her bobo comment? Glad to hear that the bobo is all better. Can't wait to see all of you!
ReplyDeletePoor thing!! Hope she's feeling better. Patrick is quite good at getting bobos, too!! He has to have a bandaid on EVERY bobo, even if it's not a real bobo. He usually has anywhere from 2 to 10 "Cars" bandaids on at any given time. Gotta love kids. :)
ReplyDelete