Thursday, May 28, 2009
Eating Out
I don't know if our Macaroni Grill experience gave us a little optimism or if it is just because we have little food left in the house but we have been out to eat twice this week to new places. We like to try new places some good and some bad so here it goes. Earlier this week we went to Cruiser's at the beach and it was fantastic. Morgan Grace got a soft dog, hot dog wrapped in a tortilla with cheese, and she immediately asked if we could make these at home. Joseph and I had cheeseburgers which were amazing and an order of fries. For me, the fry lover, they were awesome and you must get the side of ranch because that takes it to even another level. We had a great time and it was super quick which for a family of four with two little ones was a huge plus. Tonight we tried Big T's Grill & Tavern. I was not nearly as impressed and I don't think we will be going back. The girls food came out very quick and once again they ate very well. Pasta and grilled cheese are always favorites and they remained to be tonight. Joseph and I both had steak and again it was fast. I had the fillet and it was perfectly cooked, Joseph had the NY Strip but it sure did not look like one. He must have gotten a bad cut and it was a little too salty for his liking but we all know how little he likes salt. The garlic mashed potatoes were pretty good and the Caesar salad was not bad, a little dry I think because of the mounds of parm on top, but what really got me was the broccoli and cheese. I guess I didn't know what I was expecting but I was not expecting cheese whiz on my broccoli at a high dollar restaurant. Shame on me for ordering it I suppose, because the broccoli underneath was cooked very well, bright green and tender but ick the cheese! Maybe we just caught them on a bad night but I really doubt we will be back. It is amazing how one bad component of a meal can really turn you off completely!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment