Our weekend was great. We did more yard work and I personally think our yard looks fantastic as I always do after spending the better part of two weekends in it. Our grass is starting to get green, we have pretty red mulch in our beds, all the bushes are trimmed back ready to take over again and we had two very exhausted girls once again this weekend which is always a way to tell we worked hard. Even the girls worked hard yesterday with the mulch. They loaded up their wheelbarrows and would tote them all over the yard. We do have a few patches of red where they don't belong but they had a great time helping and again were surprisingly good helpers. Morgan Grace did dump a pile of mulch on her sister which went over really well and from that point on they both were head to toe mulch. They loved climbing to the top of the mulch pile and then falling back down again. What fun to be a kid and play as hard as they do each and every day!
Today I decided I wanted to go on a walk/run that I have not done in forever outside only inside to the tune of my Wii and while I still love my Wii I am currently out of batteries so I thought we would get out and enjoy the morning air. We had breakfast, oatmeal, and Hadleigh as usual was head to toe oatmeal so I stripped her in her chair which also needed a good wash and sent her off to get clothes. Morgan Grace in the mean time is getting dressed and needs some help with her shirt so I go to help her and Hadleigh comes back with a shirt and then tinkles all over the kitchen floor! I know I should have known better but she probably had about 3 sips of milk while she was eating so I thought I would be fine for 3 minutes. After that clean up and clothes on we walk out the door to get in the stroller and while I am loading Hadleigh Morgan picks a beer bottle out of the recycle bin and asks if it is glass and as I say yes it slips from her hand and bang! So put her in the stroller and go to pick up the broken glass, finally off for our walk. Amazingly they did not complain about being in the stroller for 40 minutes and when we approached home Morgan Grace wanted to go for longer which is great but I am whipped. It is even more of a workout pushing the two of them too! So we come inside and the girls start to play, I open the pantry to something seeping out the door. At first I thought it was the vinegar leaking but then I realized it was a coke can with a smaller than a pin hole in it spraying out. Another mess but then again I am sure I am not done for the day. Just another day!
I'm exhausted...but do remember those days!
ReplyDelete