Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Roll with the punches

Plans change so fast and being a Navy wife I have really learned to roll with the punches. I think you have to be able to to be able to survive the life we have chosen to live. We were invited on a getaway with some friends of the family to Michigan's Upper Peninsula and I thought it would be wonderful to escape the heat and see a new part of the country. I was sort of dreading the very long drive with the kids but you just do it and when you get there have fun and then do it again to get home and then to reacclimate. It works, it's work, but it's always fun. So last night we were putting things more into high gear to go and then once telling Joseph the tentative plan he tells me he is going to have off on the 4th. We did not really ponder or talk about it too much but I slept on it and that was all I needed. You are given the forks in your life for good reason and it is just about going on the best prong at that point in your life and I know taking the girls to see Joseph if even for just one day is really in the end the only prong available. It is a very exciting opportunity and I am really looking forward to seeing him in the middle of his training. Of course we will still roll with the punches because you know how plans can change!

Today was followed by volunteering up at the club doing a bit o'cooking for tonight's IMAX premier at the Pink Palace. I am sure they are having a blast at the event right now. This morning at breakfast, Morgan was looking out at the pool longingly waiting to get in and when I asked her to please sit at the table and finish eating her breakfast she told me, "My tummy hurts." After asking why... "Because it wants to get in the pool." You know I really don't know if she even finished her breakfast but she did get in the pool. As I am sitting here blogging I am hoping that they both go to sleep since Hadleigh is normally asleep before I put Morgan down but tonight she was not. I am not hearing anything yet so maybe I am in the clear. I am sure the next few moments will be telling. We had a lovely evening of watering the flowers, dipping our toes in the pool and watching the bird sitting on her nest. It was pleasant tonight or else as mom says we are just getting used to the heat. Either way it was a wonderful evening.

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh, i can just imagine morgan saying that to you. she's so funny!

    ReplyDelete