Today was so bittersweet and all of you who truly know me know I am crying at this point. To have the last nine months flash before me is truly unbelievable and to have no idea what the next 12 months holds for my family is even more incomprehensible. Our little pumpkin is not so little anymore. She knows her ABC's, 123's in English and in Spanish, her phone number, countless songs and so much more that I am sure I don't even know about. I am truly touched by the friendships she has made this year and to see her run and give two of her little friends a big group hug this morning before preschool was precious.
This week was hard without Joseph being here to share it with us but I know it is the first of many things he will not get to share with us so I am really, really, really going to try to document the next year of our life here so he can have a connection to us all.
We have tried to stay busy since he has left for training. Monday we met Jenny, Reid and Ryan at the Town Center for fish, ducks, turtles, trains and lunch. Morgan did have a meltdown in Target which cut our trip short but we did have a great time.
Tuesday was preschool for Morgan Grace and Hadleigh's last day of Gymboree. Then lots of planning for the rest of the week.
Wednesday we had a great water play day at Sydney's house. Sand, sun and water are almost always fun and today was no exception. It is amazing to see them all playing together and even Hudson starting to hold her own with the big kids. I can't believe she will be one in just a few weeks!
Today was preschool for Morgan and Hadleigh and I came home to clean the bathrooms and for me to procrastinate with my packing. I think at this point I am just going to wait until Saturday and then do it all and get it all in the car!
I am excited about our summer in Memphis and if all goes as we were told yesterday we will most likely be there for the next year unless I decide I just can't be away from home for that long. I am sure I will get to Memphis and get settled and then say I can't believe I ever thought about going back to Jacksonville in the fall but we will see as the time passes. Right now I am just trying to take things day by day and what comes shall come.
No comments:
Post a Comment