An exciting adventure I will call it. The girls were on a whole very good. We started out at 5:50am on Sunday morning and off we went. Hadleigh whined for about the first hour and a half. She wanted something I just could not figure out what it was but then she got over it and moved on to being happy. We had our first potty stop about 2 hours in and Morgan Grace thought we were already there. Actually I think that she thought after the Little Einstein's were over we would be there, man was she wrong. They ran around for a little and then we pressed on. Our next stop was not until we made it to Dothan, AL for gas. Hadleigh had fallen asleep by this time and we were out of milk so I was looking for a drive through on our way out of town but I was unsuccessful. Luckily the next town is not far so we stopped at a Walmart for some milk and bananas and the happened to have a redbox so we got two movies. Then we were in business. They watched Tinkerbell and then Madagascar 2 and then we were almost to Birmingham to see Aunt Katie and Uncle Joe!
When we arrived in Birmingham we unloaded and gave hugs then off to the pool which was a very nice thing to do after being in the car for 8 hours. The girls are turning into fish and Hadleigh will just jump right in she loves the water. After the pool we went to eat at California Pizza Kitchen. No, not the same as being in California but very good. For desert we tried to go to Soho Sweets but they were already closed so we ended up at TCBY. There was strawberry frozen yogurt from one end to the other on the girls but oh how they made us laugh and they really enjoyed their treat. Back to the apartment and off to bed. Hadleigh was out within a few minutes and Morgan not long after that. I can't say I slept well but maybe it was just that I had a 21 month old on my head at 5:30 in the morning. It did make us get up and start loading Katie's apartment into a truck so we could move her across campus. Four years at college and never in the same place man what a job. We got all of her stuff moved in record time, we had lunch, while Hadleigh fell asleep in Katie's arms, and then off for our last 4 hour drive. We made it to Cordova around 5:20pm and Alisa and Julia came to swim with the girls so Joe and I could unpack the car. It was a great help and the them I am very, very grateful. I know our car unloading was so fast because of them! After dragging them out of the pool and up to the shower we got bathed and fed and then to bed. A very long two days and tomorrow VBS! We really needed our sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment